Transferring Out Of The District
If a student moves to another school district outside of Paterson or out of the country:
- We request that the parent/guardian go to the school secretary to obtain a transfer card.
- Provide the name and address of the new school and the new home address of the student.
- After all books are returned to teachers, teacher signature obtained, obligations met, the student will be issued a transfer card, current grades, immunization records and standardized scores.
- Official school records will be forwarded to the new school upon written request by the receiving school.
Transferring from one Paterson school to another Paterson school
If your family has moved and needs to transfer from one school to another:
- The parent must go to their child’s current school and provide proof of the new address.
- The child’s current school will update the address in the Infinite Campus system.
- After all books are returned to teachers, teacher signature obtained, obligations met, the student will be issued a transfer card, current grades, immunization records and standardized scores. The current school will provide a transfer card once all obligations have been met.
- The parents will then bring the transfer card to the new school.
- If your child has been accepted to PCTI, Manchester, a Non-Public school, and/or charter school you MUST register at Central Registration. No appointment is required. Please see the “Registration Requirements and Forms” tab to learn what is required to complete registration.