The primary focus of the Purchasing Department is to obtain the right product, at the right price, at the right time and to meet the needs of the students, faculty, and the administrative staff of Paterson Public Schools.
The Purchasing Department’s vision is to be a leader among governmental public procurement specialists within the City of Paterson as well as the State of New Jersey. The District’s Purchasing Department is a service unit established to support the educational and administrative objectives of the District. It is staffed by procurement professionals who have the requisite knowledge, skills and training to assist District personnel in the purchase of required goods and services. This expertise insures that procurement decisions will be made in the best interest of the District and in compliance with New Jersey state statutes and District policies.
Ethics for Procurement Personnel:
- Uphold constitution, laws and regulations
- Never discriminate unfairly by granting special favors or privileges to anyone
- Make no promises binding the duties of the Purchasing Department
- Never restrain free and open competition
- Do NOT accept gratuities from vendors
Lance Gaines, QPA
Jose Mantilla, RPPS
Theresa Miller, QPA
Maria Choy, QPA
Kim Johnson, RPPS