To facilitate the most effective, innovative, well-supported teaching corps in the state of New Jersey.
To collaboratively build competencies and nurture continued improvement and purposeful learning opportunities that our staff requires, our leadership supports and our students deserve.
Values and Guiding Principles
- We are proactive in remaining current in educational research and seeking out short term and long term solutions to the needs of our teachers to increase their capacity.
- We acknowledge the district has a corps of excellent teachers and support their further development.
Systemic Decision Making
- We are process oriented in everything we do.
- We support teacher to teacher learning and collaboration.
- Multiple perspectives will be valued and necessary for non-routine and cross discipline decisions.
- Our decisions will be results driven and supported by research and standards with a focus on student outcomes.
- We facilitate development and retention of the best teacher corps who have both content and pedagogy skills.
- Communication is open, respectful and informs the process top a positive outcome.
- We embrace emerging technology.
- We collaborate with district leadership to assure the development of efficacy is ongoing.
- We will support every teacher to become a teacher leader.
Respect is central to everything we do in the Office of Professional Development. Every staff member is expected to give and receive respect. Respect is clear in every element of our communication, decision-making, and daily interaction with our colleagues, teachers, and community. We are expected to operate with integrity in every aspect of our work.