The Department of Instructional Technology And Media Services is here to serve the staff of Paterson Public Schools to harness the maximum potential of instructional technology resources to help them best prepare their students for 21st century careers through world-class teaching with technology.
Our vision is that all PPS staff and students are fully independent and resourceful in achieving their grade-level teaching and learning goals with the help of instructional technology resources.
Our mission is to recommend and make available pedagogically relevant instructional technology resources that will help achieve the district mission and vision for student achievement. As well as to support and train all PPS staff on utilizing the available instructional resources to their full impact potential.
What We Do
- The department offers the following services inter alia:
- LIVE In-Person Professional Development
- LIVE Remote Professional Development
- Asynchronous Video PD Sessions
- Quarterly InsTech Newsletter (Starting 2022-2023 School Year)
- Instructional Design Consultation
- On-site Small-Group Coaching Sessions
- By-appointment Remote One-to-one InsTech Consultation
- In-Class Teaching Software Application Demonstration
- Software Adoption Consultation
- Education Technology Career Advancement Consultation (By Appointment)
Google Apps for Education
How to set up your account
As part of the district's homegrown initiative for GAFE, you have been added to Google apps. To log in, you go to Google.com and sign in with your firstname.lastname@example.org. The username is the same as your district login id. Your password is ppsstaff until you change it. If you already signed into Google Apps with your ppsstaff account, the password may have been reset to ppsstaff.
Using Google Apps for Education, you can use all of Google Drive (Docs, Sheets and Slides) and are able to upload to it. Plus, the exciting feature of Google Classroom is available through this login.
Information on how to set up student accounts is forthcoming.
Google Classroom Student/Teacher
Google Docs View only/ Sharing
Susan Sullivan, Education Technology Specialist in the NJDOE Office of Educational Technology, has compiled resources “to support and empower learning.” You can find the listing, updated daily, at the following site:
Dr. Hafiz Saleem
District Supervisor of Instructional Technology
Administrative Assistant – Instructional Technology & Fine & Performing Arts
Wanna Google Meet instead?
Make an appointment