Admission to our school
Acceptance to Rosa Parks Arts High Shool is based on a competitive audition and review of student records to ensure success in both the demanding studio work and the challenging academic programs. Students who are Paterson residents in the 8th grade are eligible to audition.
In order to be considered for acceptance into RPHS, the following three steps must be completed.
1. Complete student application online or hard copy.
Click here for online application: https://goo.gl/forms/I3b9USZRIszoHjtm1
Online applications are submitted to RPHS automatically.
Submit hard copy applications via interoffice mail or email to Ms. Donna Dolan, RPHS Guidance
Deadline for submission – Friday, December 15, 2017
2. Academic records submitted to RPHS by guidance counselors
• Report cards for grades 6, 7 and 8 (final for grades 6 and 7; MP1 for grade 8)
• Test scores for grades 6, 7 and 8 (PARCC and most recent STAR Renaissance scores)
• Attendance for grades 6, 7 and 8
• Two teacher recommendations
Deadline for submission – Friday, January 19, 2018
Submit academic records via interoffice mail or email to Ms. Donna Dolan, RPHS Guidance Office,
3. Student audition
• Auditions will be held the week of January 16, 2018
• Students will receive a letter with their scheduled audition dates and times before the
Students who have completed all three steps will receive notification of acceptance/denial by the middle
of February 2018.
For questions regarding applications, contact Ms. Donna Dolan,
(973) 321-0520 x 52013
For questions regarding auditions, contact Ms. Michelle Van Hoven,
(973) 321-0520 x 52137