Rosa Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts believes in the importance of the arts and academics for all humanity. We encourage self-motivation and creativity in students and staff by advocating expression of beliefs and opinions in a democracy. We promote community responsibility by supporting a respect and appreciation for diversity in a multi-cultural America, and urge staff and students to be lifelong learners in our increasingly global society.
The vision of Rosa Parks High School is to promote the intellectual, social and personal growth of every student to his/her fullest potential using the fine and performing arts as a catalyst for self motivation, creativity and achievement in the academics. Through an environment that is nurturing, personalized, thematic, yet academically rigorous, we maintain a culture that supports optimal student development and learning.
history of the School
"We Salute You"We salute you Rosa Parks High your honor and glory bring joy forever after. We join in mighty song to sing your pride to lift your name evermore may your fame spread from shore to shore. We salute you Rosa Parks High we pledge allegiance and love ever true.
One of 10 star schools selected by the NJ Department of Education
Ranked 3rd best academic school in Passaic County by NJ Monthly Magazine
Small class sizes
100% graduation rate during the past four years
90% of graduates attend college each year
Graduates earned an average of 1.4 million dollars in scholarships to attend college during the past four years
Graduates currently attending Penn State, Syracuse, Brown, Columbia, NYU, Rutgers, Pratt, Parsons, Seton Hall, Carnegie Mellon, FDU, Philadelphia College of Textile & Science, Temple, Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, George Mason, Florida A & M, Wesley, Hampton, Morehouse, Fashion Institute Westminster Choir College of Rider University and others.
• Education is paramount to survival
• All children can learn, achieve and succeed
• A safe and welcoming learning enviornment is essential for effective learning
• Effective education encourages children to be life-long learners
• Children learn at different rates. Varied instruction will increase productivity and student achievement
• Parent involvement is key to student achievement. Students, families and the community are all connected and are important in the educational process and student success
• Effective classroom activities are student driven. Schools must provide an environment which promotes imagination
• Educators are role models
• Mutual respect for children and adults is earned
• Encouraging diversity and practicing tolerance facilitates a sense of global family
• Effective education encourages high self esteem and strength of character, which in turn increases empowerment
• Real life work experience and relevance is important to students' education
Rosa Parks High School offers a traditional academic learning experience in an environment where creativity and the arts are alive and truly serve as the bridge to all of the disciplines and a window to the human condtion.
- Create the opportunity for all students to meet high quality academic standards
- Improve the quality of instruction through professional development
- Establish a learning environment conducive to academic achievement
- Increase accountability to school staff, parents and the community for student success through greater participation