Prior to enrollment into Paterson Public Schools the following documents must be obtained from the previous school:
- Transfer card (original or copy) from transferring school;
- Copy of Immunization Record - Please note: New students are required to have a physical exam. If you need a copy of this form or any other additional forms pertaining to the health office please click here;
- Last report card/grades to date of leaving previous school;
- 2 Proof of residence in Paterson;
- Copy of custody arrangements (if applicable);
- Child Study Team/Special Services records (IEP) (if applicable);
- 504 Accommodations (if applicable);
- Birth Certificate;
- Registration Form - click here The registration form can also be found in Spanish, Bengali and Arabic under the “Registration Documents” tab; and
- Home Language Survey – English and Spanish click here.
When all documents have been obtained, please contact Central Registration at 973-321-2501 for further information. Central Registration is located at 90 Delaware Ave and the office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
Transferring to another school
If a student moves to another school district, we request that the parent or guardian go to the school secretary to obtain a transfer card. The name and address of the new school and the new home address of the student is necessary. After all books are returned to teachers, teacher signatures obtained and obligations met, the student will be issued a transfer card, current grades, immunization records and standardized scores. Official school records will be forwarded to the new school upon written request by the receiving school.
Main Number: 973-321-2501 FAX Number: 973-321-2408